Sunday, January 11, 2009

Girl with her own gravity.

I knew Michael for about a month, before I got to meet his Grandmother. The first time I had met her, we met her and his family at IHOP. We made it through breakfast, somehow- I was extremely nervous. It was time to pay for our meals and go our seperate ways. As Grandma was digging through her suitcase to get money for the check, she noticed a rather large girl sitting in the corner with her large family. When I say large, I mean 300 pounds, 4 year old, large. I can't remember for the life of me what the huge girl was doing, but just as Grandma opened her mouth, and these words started flowing out, the Hippo Family was staring. And her mouth opens.... "My god, that girl has her own gravity!" In slow motion, the heads turn. The next words that come out Grandma's mouth are...


"Check Please!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey, you should remember better! I couldn't figure out what you and Michael were laughing about. You were trying desperately to stiffle a laugh. She was standing right next to you and I didn't notice her at first because she was bent over. And then she stood up. She was 3 feet tall and 4 feet wide. I thought I QUIETLY said THAT CHILD HAS HER OWN GRAVITY. Michael's mother whispered to me that this girls family heard me and were snorting like bulls. I looked over and the ENTIRE table of people were wider than they were tall, and they were snorting. Couldn't tell at first so I subtly put on my glasses and stared. Then I put my arm in the air and yelled "check please."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah=hahahahhahahahahaha! I remember that like it was yesterday!

    ReplyDelete