I work at home and need my internet provider to actually be providing, wait for it, THE INTERNET SERVICE. Since I pay for 5 telephones AND THE INTERNET the only phones with all the bells and whistles on them are the 3 cell phones. I did not have caller ID on the two land lines. One of those lines I'm on 8 hours or more per day and the other one has a fax machine attached to it. This worked really well as anybody who would need to reach me knows to talk through the fax tones and I will pick up, until I had a problem with CHARTER, my internet service. For some very good reasons, like if it is raining, if the sun is shining, if it is cloudy, if a squirrel burps toward the line, Charter will go down. I can't work if Charter goes down and if I can't work I can't pay my Charter bill, etc. So, as I had a call in for service with Charter I had to answer the phone without it going to the fax machine. I was not in a good mood this morning and after the phone call I received from what sounded like a Chinese woman who was so very concerned about my LD carrier I sent the following email to my children. Well, I have to be answering the phone because Charter calls every so often. And their policy is that the technician will call twice and if he doesn't get an answer he will cancel the appointment. I already figure I'll be on U tube from the phone call to Charter this morning, and I'm not in a good mood at all, I cannot stand that Charter, who I pay handsomely every month, is in control of my pay right now, so when I answered and this little pushy oriental woman wanted to discuss my long distance carrier, well...., let's just say she got mad and hung up on me. I finally had to tell her she was stupid. "For just a 5 dollar flat fee, plus taxes and interest, you can have unlimited long distance for only 5 cents a minute anywhere in the United States." "Lady, my LD carrier only charges me 5 cents a minute and only if I actually make a LD call, and no flat 5 bucks a month for it." "Yes, but right now you have 2 LD carriers and we can do it for only 5 dollars a month plus taxes and interest and only 5 cents a minute anywhere in the United States." "Lady, I don't USE LD, I use my cell phones for any LD." "Yes, but right now you have 2 LD carriers and for only 5 dollars a month plus taxes and interest and only 5 cents a minute you can call anywhere in the United States." "Lady, why would I want to pay a flat 5 dollars a month plus taxes and fees for a service I don't use, why don't YOU send ME a check for 5 dollars a month plus taxes and fees for a service I will not provide to you. I think that's a pregnant idea." "But for only 5 dollars a month plus taxes and fees you can call anywhere in the United States for only 5 cents a minute." "Lady, you are stupid and I'm not." And then I heard a click. Shudda just used Ricky's standard answer. NO! click. I'm thinking I should record these idiots who call and put them on U tube myself. Don't catch mamma on a bad day! Love you, Mom And now you know why I have all the bells and whistles on that phone, with the most important being CALLER ID.
| |
Saturday, January 10, 2009
TELEMARKETERS FOR LONG DISTANCE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment