Thursday, January 8, 2009

stupidity

My husband just came into my office and said there was a commercial on talking about the taste of Tuscanny. He was all tuned up for Olive Garden, when they said it was CAT FOOD. Well, just as I've told anybody who'd listen to me, (you know--people in line at Wal-Mart with their giant bags of dog and cat food, the pharmacist, the waitress at Cracker Barrell, ladies with their pedigreed pooches with bows in their hair and painted toenails even if they are a BOY dog, but I digress) especially during the poisoned dog foot from China phase, that when I see a dog or a cat come into the kitchen, put on an apron, dig out the vegetables and cook them all up real nice, add some grains and a smidge of meat to the mixture, then clean it all up with their face, I'll believe they should be eating cooked grains and vegetables. I've had cats and dogs all my life and left to their own devices they may dive into my vegetable patch but it is only because they spotted a rabbit, mouse, or a chipmunk in there. Put 2 plates of food down for pampered pooch, one full of the choicest vegetables and the other some old dead animal. Guess which one will disappear the fastest? An old vet told me one time if you want a healthy dog feed 'em neck bones and raw eggs. I can't afford neck bones and eggs for me, so they can keep on eating 'em rabbits, mice, chipmunks, and SQUIRRELS! Although, if the recession gets any worse I may want to save the squirrels for my own pot of stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment