Sunday, May 22, 2011

I still hate spiders

Since I now live alone I have to do everything for myself unless, of course, I can talk one of the kids or grandkids into helping. Danny came over and took down some paneling and a few ceiling tiles. I had just got a new Shop Vac vaccum and I didn't realize I would have to put the thing together when I got it. So I sit on the floor with all my little pieces parts and 4 hours later got that 30-minute job done. Even the wheels worked! Small potatoes for most but for me it was monumental. Well, a couple days went by and I happened to notice there were spider eggs and webs where the ceiling tile used to be and I thought ya know what, I have this Shop Vac and I'll just use it to vacuum those webs and spider eggs right outta there. I had to find an extension cord because the cord on the vacuum was so short. I plugged it in and got the extra long hose and wand ready, plugged it in and aimed for the ceiling. Now, NOWHERE in the directions do I remember seeing that there were TWO holes for the vacuum, one a sucker-inner and the other a blower-outer. I just ASSUMED everything on a vaccum was a sucker-inner. WRONG. I had it plugged into the blower-outer and spider eggs and webs blew all over the place, including landing on me. Eeewwww, spider eggs touched me. But I learned that I have to check which hole the hose is plugged into on a vacuum before starting it. Baby steps to living alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment