Thursday, August 26, 2010

The "Honeymoon"!


I never thought I would get married again! After the long 16 year fiasco with a cheating retard, I was determined to remain single and remain happy. Ya think? I was in such a depression it wasn't funny. I was terribly sad and pitiful. So after 5 years of singleness, I was pursued by a hog farmer. He is 10 years older than me and he is a big guy! (not fat!) Anyway, we decided to get married in June and then take a week honeymoon at Lake Vallecito, Colorado, in July. It was a glorified fishing trip! Right up both of our alleys!
The drive was beautiful. Mapquest said that it would be almost 13 hours of driving.....we made it in ten flat! Guess who was driving?? HAHA! Really, we just didn't stop except for gas! Every time we passed a putt-putt golf course, I would excitedly ask Dean if he wanted to stop and play. He simply said, in his deep voice, "PASS." That made me giggle.
So we pull up to our "Modern" cabin in the woods and boy were we glad to finally get out of the car! We paid our bill, got the key and proceeded to go into our "Modern" cabin in the woods. When we opened the door, a very hot, stale blast of air welcomed us! We went in to turn on the air conditioner in this "Modern" cabin......in the woods. Dean and I both turned the heater off and on and off and on and no air conditioner came on! We looked at each other in dismay...and serious desperation, and realized this was definitely NOT a "Modern" cabin...in the stinking woods! Who ever heard of NOT having an air conditioner for vacationers???
Dean took off outside to walk around the cabin....but he did not find anything sticking out of a window that resembled an air conditioner! Our next course of action was to locate a fan! In the bedroom closet there was a fan the size of Deans hand. He pulled it out, plugged it in, and watched it as it vibrated loudly across the table! It would not remain in one spot! The sweat began to drip wildly from the vein that popped out on Deans forehead! I wiped the sweat out from under my boobs and headed towards the front door and told Dean, "No worries! I have a plan!"
I took a walk and eyeballed a few box fans that could easily be stolen with the pop of a window screen, but the easiest plan was to steal the box fan from the laundry room. I returned to the cabin and explained my plan to my hubby. I told him that in a little while, when the sun goes down, I will steal the fan in the cover of darkness! He smiled, grabbed my hand, took me to the laundry room, unplugged the fan and we both carried it back to the cabin! I, of course, was giggling, and Dean said with a deep giggle, "You need to stop giggling! You're going to give us away!" Well, my giggling was due to the fact that I found my perfect match! Dean and I are alike in almost every way!

No comments:

Post a Comment